How to Fix Outlook Gmail IMAP Error 78754 With Various Possible Solutions
May 18th, 2018 |
Outlook Gmail IMAP Error 78754 – Troubleshooting Ways
"I am trying to sync Outlook to my Gmail account but, continuously receiving this error. I changed the settings to “allow less secure apps to access the account” but, no change has been noticed. I cannot understand why is Gmail blocking it. Even I had tried both, IMAP and POP account. These settings were fine till yesterday. Today, I have to bootstrap my system and Gmail keeps obstructing Outlook. Is there any way to resolve Outlook Gmail IMAP error 78754? Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated."
Are you also looking answer looking for the same problem? Well, do not worry. The solution is not very daunting as it looks like. All a user needs to do is focus till the end of the post and the doubts regarding the query will be clear. So, let us move ahead.
Gmail Error 78754 Outlook – At a Glance
Gmail error code 78754 is a web log in error which occurs when the password of any user is not identified, the user signs in from a new device or a location or Google examines the log as questionable.
Methods to Fix Outlook Gmail IMAP Error 78754
Some of the solutions to fix this issue are explained in the section. Go through them one by one.
Solution 1: Check the Settings of Gmail Account
Check if you have configured your Gmail account with the following steps:
- Sign in to the Gmail account
- Click on the gear icon located at the top right-hand side corner >> Choose the option of Settings
- Select the option of Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- Enable the radio button present next to IMAP
- Then, hit on Save Changes
- Then, enter https://myaccount.google.com/security in the address bar. Make sure that you are still logged in
- Scroll down the page and enable the option of Allow less secure apps
- Now, check the Microsoft Outlook
Solution 2: Configure MS Outlook Account
78754 failure in Outlook 2013 and other versions can be caused due to the reason that Outlook account is not properly configured. To fix this error, follow these steps:
- Under the option Add account >> Select the option of Manually configure server settings and then, select an alternative of Next
- Choose POP or IMAP option followed by Next
- Fill up the user details and logon information
- In the server information:
Account Type: Choose IMAP or POP
Incoming Mail Server: imap.gmail.com
Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.gmail.com
- Hit on the option More Settings to eliminate Outlook Gmail IMAP error 78754
- Navigate to the Outgoing Server tab and select the option of My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Then, move to Advanced tab. Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL (for both incoming server IMAP and Outgoing IMAP)
Port number for Outgoing Server IMAP: 465
- Click on the option OK and then, click on Next
- Finally, launch Microsoft Outlook and open Gmail for any verification mail
Other Preventive Measures to Fix Outlook Gmail IMAP Error 78754
If the above solutions do not work, a user can go through these approaches:
- Make sure your Gmail password is correct
- Update your email client time to time to the latest version
- In case, you have changed the Gmail password, there are chances that you have to enter your Gmail account setup details again
- If you are using 2-step verification, then attempt to sign in with an App Password
- If you have not applied 2-step verification to your Gmail account, then you may have to permit less secure apps to access your Gmail account by clicking on the right-option
These steps will definitely help a user to resolve Outlook authenticating with Google.
The Observational Verdict
It has been seen oftentimes that a user encounters bad messages while accessing Gmail account. One such error statement is “Outlook Gmail IMAP error 78754”. Various methods to fix the issue has been explained in the write-up. Also, it is recommended to keep the backup of Gmail data in case of Gmail downtime.