How to Fix Outlook Receiving Error 0x800ccc0b in a Simple Way
April 26th, 2018 |
Troubleshooting Outlook Receiving Error 0x800ccc0b
"Are you receiving an Outlook error 0x800ccc0b continuously? DO you want a solution to resolve Outlook Receiving Error 0x800ccc0b? If yes, then you are at the right place. Here, we have come up with a decent solution for the same, which will help you to fix the Outlook receiving common errors in a very simple, effortless, and reliable manner."
MS Outlook is one of the most widely used e-mail application, which is used for sending and receiving emails. But, sometimes, Outlook users notice that when they try to send an email, then Outlook shows an error message 0x800ccc0b. This error prevents users from sending the message through Outlook program. In this situation, users should first check the server configuration information in Outlook. Because this error generally arises due to wrong SMTP server details. So, users need a solution to fix the 0x800ccc0b Outlook receiving error. Therefore, in this article, we will discuss the main causes of occurring this error and also discuss a method to resolve the 0x800ccc0b error in outlook.
Why Outlook Receiving Error 0x800ccc0b?
The Outlook error 0x800ccc0b is not only created by the wrong SMTP server details. It can be caused by any one of the following errors:
- If Microsoft Outlook email client is misconfigured
- When your ISP is blocking access to port 25
- If there is a DNS issue found in your ISP
- An error with SMTP on one of our servers
Let’s understand this Outlook error 0x800ccc0b with the help of a user’s query:
"I am using Outlook 2010 email client and recently I have configured my outlook account with my SMTP server. After that, when I tried to send an email message to my friend, then found Outlook receiving error 0x800ccc0b message because of wrong SMTP server details. Even I am not able to send and receive email on the Outlook. Can you please tell me what is the problem and how to resolve this issue?"
How to Fix Microsoft Outlook Receiving Reported Error 0x800ccc0b?
- First of all, shutdown & restart again your system.
- Make sure that MS Outlook is configure with “SMTP: My server requires authentication,”. If it doesn’t configured, then follow these steps:
- First, go to the File menu >> Account Settings option
- Now, in the new account setting window, click on the Email menu & double click on the email address by which you cannot send emails
- After that, a new pop-up window will appear, then click on the More Settings option
- Next, go to the Outgoing Server tab & click on the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox
- Then, My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication. So, enter the username and password.
- Now, use port number 26 instead of port 25 for SMTP. Because many ISPs are now blocking the port number 25 to prevent their clients from spamming.
- Finally, turn off all virus and firewall software temporarily and remove the Outlook Receiving Error 0x800ccc0b.
Alternatives to Troubleshoot Outlook Receiving Reported Error 0x800ccc0b
After following all these above discussed steps, you will get rid of Outlook error 0x800ccc0b. But, if you are still facing the same problem, then try these below mentioned alternative solution:
- Replace your port number with 465 for SMTP
- Replace your port number with 995 for POP3 and it is compatible with Windows 7 and all other above versions
- Accomplish the Antivirus program
If still Outlook is receiving an error 0x800ccc0b, then follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the Start button >> Right Click >> Run >> type sfc/scannow? command >> press Enter key.
- After that again click on Start button >> Right Click >> Run >> type cleanmgr.exe command >> press Enter key.
- Now, click on the Mail >> Show Profiles >> Properties >> Data Files >> Enter the name of the file that you want to scan and click on the Start button.
- In the next step, ensure your user account information.
- Next, synchronize the time and date of a system with the server.
- Now, check the system performance with the data exchange.
- Restore to alter the recent changes.
- Then, install the recommended updates.
- Ensure your hardware exterior and interior connection.
- Install the RAM properly while cleaning slots and itself.
The Bottom Line
In this write-up, we have discussed different reasons why Outlook receiving error 0x800ccc0b along with the solutions to resolve the error. Then, we noticed that 0x800ccc0b error in Microsoft Outlook a very common issue faced by several Outlook users where they are unable to send an email message. Therefore, we have also described the solutions to resolve Outlook receiving reported error 0x800ccc0b in a quick and simple way.