How to Fix Error 0x800ccc0f in MS Outlook in an Efficient Manner?
December 5th, 2017 |
Troubleshoot Error 0x800ccc0f in Microsoft Outlook
Are you also frustrated with getting an errors while using Outlook? Do you want to know how to fix error 0x800ccc0f in MS Outlook? There are many Microsoft users facing on or another issue without their Outlook profile. Errors in Microsoft Outlook can create lots of trouble for the users as they hard to fix. Sometimes, while using Microsoft Outlook the SMTP-based email send or receive operation fails, then it might display the following message:
"Sending/Receiving reported error (0x800CCC0F): The connection to the server was interrupted"
This error generally arises without any warning or hint, so it can be very surprising also. Now, to fix it permanently, a user needs to understand the reasons behind this error. And, for that, a user needs to continue the article below.
But, before proceeding further, let’s see the different errors, faced by an Outlook user:
- sending reported error 0x800ccc0f
- receiving’ reported error 0x800ccc0f in microsoft outlook
- reported error 0x800ccc0f outlook 2010
- reported error 0x800ccc0f outlook 2013
- outlook sending reported error 0x800ccc0f the connection to the server was interrupted
Now, in the next section, we will discuss the reasons and solutions to fix error 0x800ccc0f in MS Outlook.
Why Error 0x800ccc0f Occur in Microsoft Outlook?
There is always some reason for an error and same is the case with Microsoft Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f. Thus, in the following section, we have covered all possible causes for the same:
- If there is some connectivity issue with the Exchange Server or there is a slow internet connection, then it generates this error.
- Microsoft Outlook outgoing and incoming messages are blocked by the firewall.
- Improper settings of Microsoft Outlook profile or due to damaged Outlook profile.
- There is some technical issue in the Exchange server settings.
- One of the major reasons behind this error is corruption in OST file.
Now, based on the what exactly is the reason behind the error, a user can choose between the several troubleshooting fixes discussed in the next section.
Troubleshooting Ways to Fix Error 0x800ccc0f in MS Outlook
In order to resolve this Outlook error, the most common methods are run MS Outlook in safe mode and make use Inbox Repair Tool. Apart from this, some of the other troubleshooting fixes are discussed below:
Tip: Try to send or receive emails after applying each of the below fixes to make sure if the error is resolved or not.
Method #1: Make Sure that Outlook Profile Settings are Correct
First thing that a user needs to do is verify the default settings of the Outlook profile. However, if they are not correct, first correct them. And, if a user is not sure about the settings, then delete the default profile and create a new profile. After that, make this newly created Outlook profile the default profile.
In most of the cases, the settings of the profile is found to be the cause of this error 0x800ccc0f in MS Outlook, so it first it is recommended to check the settings of your profile and make theem correct if needed.
Method #2: Delete All Suspicious emails from Microsoft Outlook
It might also be possible that emails with un-trusted attachments are the main reason behind this Outlook error. Therefore, if there are such type of emails in the Outlook inbox or outbox, just delete them as soon as possible.
Method #3: Check the Internet Connection
If any of the above troubleshooting methods does not work perfectly, then a user is advised to internet connection and connectivity with MS Exchange server. To make sure about this, a user needs to check the access gateway connection to the Microsoft Exchange server. Moreover, check properly that the configuration and settings are correct and everything at its place.
Method #4: Check the Router’s MTU
A user is advised to check the Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU) size of the router also because it can be possible that it is generating an error while sending or receiving particular email. Check it and make the desired changes to the size of the outgoing message. The MTU size of the router is also a factor in causing this error, so it is recommended to check its size and make the changes accordingly to fix error 0x800ccc0f in MS Outlook.
Method #5: Turn off the Anti-virus & Windows Firewall
Sometimes, Windows Firewall along with anti-virus program badly affect the normal working of both the incoming and outgoing emails. Thus, to make sure that it is creating the issue or not, disable the anti-virus and Windows Firewall by following the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, open Control Panel >> Network Connections option.
- After that, right-click on the internet connection that a user is using and click on the Properties from the displayed menu.
- Now, turn off the Firewall under Security tab.
Now, to make sure that a user has cleared all the pathways for incoming and outgoing emails, he or she needs to add the incoming POP server name and outgoing SMTP server name manually to the Outlook email accounts. To do the same, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, open Outlook application and choose Tools >> E-mail Accounts option.
- After that, choose a View or change existing e-mail accounts option and click on Next button.
- An E-mail Accounts dialog box will appear. Then, click on the Add >> POP3 >> Next to proceed further.
- Now, enter the correct details for the POP3 mail server, and click on the Next >> Finish button.
- In last, check and rectify the Microsoft Outlook account settings.
Method #6: Export Outlook OST to PST Format
If any of the above methods does not solve the issue, then the reason behind the error is corrupt OST file. Now, to fix the same, a user can use some third-party tool named as OST to PST Converter. The software is designed in such a manner that it first repair the corrupt OST file and after that, export it PST format.
To fix error 0x800ccc0f in MS Outlook a user can try the various approaches discussed above. These troubleshooting ways will surely resolve this in an efficient and without any loss of data.