Microsoft Outlook 2016 Error Code 3253: Resolve the Issue in Two Steps
September 15th, 2017 |
Outlook for Mac
Fix Outlook 2016 Error Code 3253 in Mac
One of the most frequent errors encountered by Mac users while using an email application is MS Outlook error message 3253. It generally shows an error that is “Connection to the Server failed or was dropped”. This error code generates all of a sudden without any prior notification. However, rectifying issues like this is not as simple as it seems to be. Users have to face certain challenges to fix the error. If you are facing the same error, then this blog is for you only. This is because we are going to cover best possible solution to rectify Microsoft Outlook 2016 error code 3253 in Mac.
Let us begin with an overview and then we will come to the solution part.
Numerous users access their database on Outlook for Mac 2016 platform. One of the major reasons behind this is its attractive feature suite and the user-friendly interface. However, an error like these creates hurdle in between the work of an organization. In fact, it may affect the productivity of the business in a major way if not resolved properly. However, it is very important to know the reasons behind error to resolve it in an accurate manner. Here, are some reasons behind this.
Responsible Factors behind Mac Outlook Error Message 3253
It commonly occurs at the time of failure of connection to the server that generates an issue to the user who wants to send emails. Apart from this, there are some more reasons behind this as mentioned below:
- Huge size of the emails that are sent folders
- Damaged or unhealthy Outlook Mac 2016
- Inaccurate Set-up of Outlook account information to Internet email account
Steps to Rectify MS Outlook 2016 Error Code 3253 Error
This includes two steps as stated in the below part:
Step 1: Set up a new profile in Outlook 2016 using following steps:
- First, go to Applications Folder via Finder option.
- Now, right-click on the icon of MS Outlook and tap on the section of Show Package Contents
- Then, go to Contents >> Shared Support and double-click on the option of Outlook Profile Manager
- Finally, click on the button of Create a new profile and then type the new profile name as directed by the team of MS Outlook Technical Support specialists.
Step2: Follow the steps to establish an email account in new MS Outlook profile:
- Firstly, choose Add account option. It is placed in the page of set up.
- After this, you are suggested to select required account type to simply add below options as per the choice: MS Exchange/ Office 365 or Other Email (IMAP/POP).
- Now, put the detailed information, which is needed for the account >> Tap on Add Account.
- Then hit on Accounts option that is situated in right under Tools to effortlessly add more email accounts.
- Below are two mentioned email accounts:
1. Adding an Exchange Account, do this with the help of mentioned points:
- Firstly, click on Add which is available at the bottom left of the screen & choose Exchange option.
- Put the information related to Exchange account. After this, you can configure all account in an automatic manner by just choosing the icon of Configure automatically and then hit on Add account.
2. Adding an IMAP or POP account:
- Choose the option of Other Email by clicking on Add option and after this, type in the account details.
- Once it is done, you need to click on Add account icon.
With the help of this process, you can resolve the error code 3253 in Outlook.
The Bottom Line
Outlook is a very famous platform and available in different versions. One such edition of it is Mac Outlook 2016. Just like any email client, it is associated with some errors. Therefore, the blog is totally focused on the solution to resolve Outlook 2016 error code 3253. Users can opt for any of the methods as per their requirement.