Microsoft Outlook Error 0x80040119 – Troubleshooting Ways
April 12th, 2018 |
How to Resolve Microsoft Outlook Error 0x80040119
Nowadays, the email communication plays a vital role in individuals or business organization. In today’s world, it is one of the most formal ways of transferring the information. There are many different emails client available in the digital market. One of the best clients is Microsoft Outlook application due to its advance and robust feature. But at the same time, the user gets irritated by its annoying errors messages. This Outlook error creates certain problem while working with the Microsoft Outlook account. Here in this article, we will discuss one such common Outlook error 0x80040119 and its manual solutions to resolve the error in an efficient manner.
"After upgrading to Windows 7 to Windows 10, I am facing some problem while using the Outlook 2013 account. Now, I am unable to send the email and unable to read the old one. Every time, it shows error 0x80040119 in MS Outlook. After receiving this error, I again configure my ID but it does not work it. So, if anyone of my technical friends knows that how to repair this Outlook error 0x80040119. Please help me out in this problem!!”"
Most of the users have once faced corruption issue in Outlook data file due to which they were unable to work on Outlook application. Corruption in PST file can cause various issues which might result in inaccessible Outlook application and performance issues as well. In these case scenarios, it is suggested to use a third-party tool which can help you to remove even severe corruption from PST file. You can download the trial version of the tool for free to try on Windows OS.
Download Now Purchase Now
Manual Method to Fix Outlook Error 0x80040119
Below some of the troubleshooting methods are listed that resolve Outlook issues and errors. Let’s have a look on each method carefully.
Method#1: Fix Registry Entries Related with Outlook Error 0x80040119
It is highly recommend to take the backup of your Outlook files before performing this method. For this method, follow the mentioned procedure:
- Open your system and click the Start button.
- After that, type command in the search bar. Press Ctrl along with Shift key and then press the Enter key.
- A permission dialog box will appear on the screen. Click on Yes button.
- After clicking on the Yes button, a black box will open on the screen with a blinking cursor.
- Now, type regedit on the window and press Enter key.
- In the Registry Editor, select the error 0x80040119 – related key(for e.g. Microsoft Outlook) that user want to take file backup.
- Now, choose Export option from the File menu.
- Select the desired folder where the resultant backup of Outlook will be saved, from the Save In list option.
- After that, mention name to the backup file under File Name box option.
- Make sure Selected branch is selected in the Export Range box. After that, click on Save to continue.
- Now, a user have a backup of Outlook account in the related registry entry with a file extension .reg.
Note: After taking the backup, a user need to edit the registry manually. If you are a novice user, then this method is not recommended to you. This registry method is very dangerous because any mishandling in the registry can damage the computer. In fact, using registry editor incorrectly may lead to reinstalling the Windows. So, if you are a computer expert then you can opt this method. Otherwise, use registry method at your own risk.
Method#2: Reinstall Microsoft Outlook Application
This method is applicable when the error 0x80040119 is related to a specific Outlook program only.
For Windows 7 and Windows Vista:
- Click the Start button and select the Programs and Features.
- Now, click on Control Panel from the right side menu.
- After that, click Programs >> Programs and Features.
- Navigate the location of Microsoft Outlook Error 0x80040119- associated program under the Name option.
- Click the Microsoft Outlook- associate entry. Then, click theUninstall button from the menu.
- Follow the direction that are mention on the screen for the complete uninstallation of the error associated program.
For Windows XP:
- Click on Start button and go to Programs and Features.
- After that, select the Control Panel from the menu.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs. Then, locate Microsoft Outlook Error 0x80040119- associated program from the Currently Installed Programs.
- Click on the MS Outlook- associated entry. After that, click on the Remove button.
- Perform the on-screen directions to complete the uninstallation of error 0x80040119 associated program.
For Windows 8:
- Hold the cursor in the bottom left of the computer screen to produce the Start Menu.
- Go to the Start Context Menu and select Programs and Features.
- Locate the Microsoft Outlook Error 0x80040119 – associated program under the Name option.
- Now, click on Microsoft Outlook- associated entry and click on Uninstall or Change from the top menu.
- Follow the steps that are mention on the screen for the complete uninstallation of error associated program.
Note: Once the error associated program is successfully uninstalled, reinstall the all programs according to Microsoft Corporation instructions.
Outlook has both pros and cons. But, the errors that are suddenly appears irritates the users most. Therefore, from this blog, the users can easily troubleshoot the Outlook error 0x80040119 solutions. Moreover, a user can even try these manual solutions to resolve the error 0x80040119 in Microsoft Account.