Microsoft Outlook Error code 0x800ccc0e? Know the Ways to Resolve the Issue
April 6th, 2018 |
Top Techniques to Fix Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e Code
Sending and receiving email messages is the main role of Microsoft Outlook. However, what if this function gets interrupted due to any type of glitch or frustrating error?
Undoubtedly, these issues may frustrate Outlook users and can be a nightmare for them. Outlook error code 0x800ccc0e is one such error code that prompts when email application does not authenticate the account of user from the server while sending an email message. A blocked SMTP port number, IMAP configured account or the wrong executed authentication on SMTP connection are the main causes of this error message.
Description of Error 0x800ccc0e in Microsoft Outlook
- Error Number: Error 0x800CCC0E
- Error Name: Microsoft Outlook Error 0X800CCC0E
- Error Description: Cannot connect to server. TIMEOUT.
- Developer: Microsoft Corporation
- Software: Microsoft Outlook
- Applies to: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
In this write-up, we will discuss the various techniques to fix Outlook error code 0x800ccc0e. However, before going to the solution, let us take a look at the symptoms of the same error code.
Symptoms of Outlook Error Code 0x800ccc0e
- "Error code 0x800ccc0E" prompts and crashes the active program window
- Frequent PC crashing with Error 0x800ccc0E while running Outlook program
- Displaying "Microsoft Outlook Error 0x800ccc0E"
- Sluggishly running windows and slow respond to input commands
- Periodically computer freezing for few seconds
If your Outlook PST file is corrupted and you are unable to access Microsoft Outlook desktop application, then you are suggested to use SysTools Outlook Recovery Tool. It is the best utility when it comes to corrupted Outlook data file recovery. This software is simple to use and can be used on Windows 10, and its lower versions.
Download Now Purchase Now
Approaches to Fix Outlook Error Code 0x800ccc0e
Solution 1: Repairing MS Outlook Program
The first method one should try in order to fix the Outlook error 0x800ccc0e is to repair Outlook program. Go with the below steps:
- Launch Control Panel
- Navigate to Programs and Features option
- Search for Microsoft Office 365 (or any other office application that applies) and select it
- Hit the Change button that is situated at the top of Programs and Features window
- On this new opened wizard, select Repair button
After completing the process, restart Outlook program and check that error code 0x800ccc0e still persists. If it does then, go for the next solution.
Solution 2: Verify the Server Requirements
- Open Outlook program
- Click on File >> Tools >> Account Settings
- Select the email tab from Account Settings window
- Choose your email account from displaying list
- Click on More Settings button of the newly opened window
- Internet E-mail Setting wizard will open now
- Here, select the Outgoing Server tab
- Check My outgoing server (SMTP) required authentication box
- Finally, click on Ok to apply changes
Once the process gets completed, restart Microsoft Outlook program.
Solution 3: Eliminate the Duplicate Accounts
Another possible solution to get rid from Outlook error 0x800ccc0e is to look for duplicate accounts. Because duplicate accounts also may cause these conflicts. Thus, deleting them can be overcome this error message. In order to remove duplicate accounts, follow down-mentioned steps:
- Launch Outlook program and hit Tools tab
- Navigate to Accounts and click on Mail menu
- Select the duplicate mail account
- Then, click on Remove button to delete the accounts
Note: If there are multiple duplicate accounts then, you can select all of them and remove them in a single Deletetion.
After completing the process, restart your Outlook program.
Solution 4: Change the Port of Server
- Launch Outlook application and click on the File tab
- After that select Tools option and hit Account Settings menu
- Now, from the Account Settings window, hit the email tab
- Choose your email account from the displaying list
- Email account window will be opened now. Here hit the More Settings button
- After that in Internet E-mail setting wizard >> Change the Outgoing Server (SMTP) port number to 587
- For applying the changes, click on Ok button
Restart the Outlook application, after completing the above procedure.
Many users reported that their Outlook getting error code 0x800ccc0e. Considering the requirement of users that how to fix error code 0x800ccc0e in MS Outlook, we have come up with this article. Here we have discussed various manual workarounds for the same. However, if the issue not gets resolved via any of the above-mentioned methods then, users must take help from a trusted third-party tool. It is so because sometimes trying manual methods may lead users to permanent data loss condition. Thus, now it is all up to users that which technique they choose to fix Microsoft Outlook error 0x800ccc0e.