Outlook Not Implemented: Resolving Outlook 2007/10/13/16 Error Code
August 7th, 2017 |
"I’ve been using Microsoft Outlook 2010 for last few months with no issues. I have installed several updates and also reboot the Outlook after launching. Now, when I am clicking on the send/receive button, an error message is appearing displaying Outlook Not implemented."
Likewise the above-mentioned query, there are many users facing this common error code saying Outlook 2016 Not Implemented while checking the email messages.
This error message restricts the Outlook users to send or to receive the emails through Microsoft Outlook account.
Let us discuss some more reasons for Outlook Not Implemented Error Code and try to fix this issue for MS Outlook 2013 and other Outlook versions.
Why an Outlook 2007 Not Implemented Error Code Occurs
This Not Implemented in Outlook 2007 and 2013 error might be caused because of several following reasons like:
- Installing different Outlook versions on the same system
- This might be because of installed add-ins also
- Integration of an Antivirus program
- Errors occurred during installing the software
Approaches to Fix Outlook 2016 Not Implemented Error Message
Lets us discuss some methods to resolve this error code in Microsoft Outlook:
Solution 1: Erase/Delete the extra Outlook versions
Keeping different versions of a same application on the system causes corruption and various errors in the system and the settings. So, it is recommended to keep only one version of MS Outlook.
- Now, to fix this Outlook Not Implemented error message, first remove the extra Outlook versions by using the following steps:
–For Windows 10:
Go to This PC >> Click on Uninstall or change a program
–For Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Vista:
Go to Start >> Now, search for Control Panel >> Choose the option of Uninstall or change a program
–For Windows XP:
Go to the Start >> Select Settings >> Go to the Control Panel >> Click on Uninstall or change a program.
- Now, double click to open Add or Remove Programs (for Windows XP) and Programs and Features (for Windows 8/7/Vista)
- From the installed programs list, select the Outlook version to remove and Uninstall.
Solution 2: Remove Antivirus Program Integrated with Outlook
In most cases, users usually install an antivirus to scan each email and its sent or received attachment.
Sometimes this Anti-virus report false threats and work for those threats.
This can cause the following several issues such as:
- Issue in sending and receiving emails
- Fonts displayed larger than its original size
- Performance of Outlook getting low
- HTML code instead of a message
- Duplication of emails
- Emails got stuck
The scanner running in the background uses same definitions for the virus as the integrated scanner and there is no additional security can be attained by keeping it on.
Therefore, it is completely secure to remove the scanner integration with Microsoft Outlook.
- One can stop the integration scanning by keeping the Outlook application in the White list or in the list of Trusted Applications in most of the Antivirus programs (it depends on the program used).
- If in case, the integration can’t be stopped, then just uninstall the Antivirus and then install it again, without installing the component of email scanning.
Solution 3: Remove the installed Outlook Add-ins
Follow the steps given below, to fix Outlook Not Implemented error code in different versions of Outlook.
For Outlook 2003 and the previous versions
- Open MS Outlook >> Go to the Tools tab.
- Now, click on Options >> Click on the Advanced Settings.
- Click on the button Add-In Manager or COM Add-Ins accordingly, to disable Add-ins.
- In some of the cases, it is required to restart the Outlook.
For Outlook 2007
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- Now, click on the Tools tab >> Choose the Trust Center… option>> Click on Add-ins.
- To select and remove the Add-ins go to the Manage drop-down list at the bottom.
- Click on Go to save the changes.
- Restart MS Outlook(required in some cases.
For Outlook 2010/2013/2016
- MS Outlook >> Go to the File tab >> Select Options >> Click on Add-ins.
- Now, select and remove the Add-ins from the Manage.
- Click Go.
- Restart the Outlook application to save the changes.
Solution 4: Repair the Corrupt Outlook
Follow the steps given below to recover MS Outlook:
- Select the version of Microsoft Office installed on your system >> click on Change button.
- A new screen will pop-up.
Here, check the option of Repair >> Continue.
- Open Outlook >> Select the newly created profile from the given list.
- Now, set up an email account in this profile.
As we have disscused a user query along with some more reasons due to which this error message occurs in Outlook 2007/2010/2013/2016. The above-mentioned solutions can be implemented easily to resolve this Outlook Not Implemented error code.