Troubleshoot Outlook error 0x800CCC67 with 4 Easy Solutions
April 5th, 2018 |
Best Ways to Fix Outlook Error 0x800CCC67 in Few Easy Steps
Are you tired of getting Error message code 0x800CCC67 on your Outlook? Do you want to find a solution to fix Outlook Error code 0x800CCC67? Your search for all 0x800CCC67 related queries will end here as we will talk about it inside out in this post. This commonplace error often bothers users when it appears during sending and receiving Outlook emails. However, there exist some solutions to the error that readers will learn from this post. These solutions will help users fix Outlook error 0x800CCC67 in few easy steps.
Indicating Factors of Outlook 0x800CCC67 Error
Here are the symptoms that indicate that Outlook is suffering from error 0x800CCC67:
- Message for 0x800CCC67 error pops-up on screen and immediately crashes the ongoing Outlook window.
- "SMTP_421_NOT_AVAILABLE" message gets displayed.
- Windows becomes slow and provides late response to any input through keyboard or mouse.
- While running Outlook, the system itself often crashes.
- The computer freezes for some seconds repeatedly.
What Causes are Responsible for Error 0x800CCC67 in Microsoft Outlook?
The cause of this error is not a fixed one. Many conditions can be responsible for this error. To solve this error, at first, we have to find out the causes:
- Incomplete download or installation of Outlook
- Malware or virus infection
- Removal of Outlook related files by some third-party application
- Windows registry file corruption due to installation or uninstallation of Outlook
Corruption issues are very common in Microsoft Outlook desktop application and can cause serious problems. If your PST file is corrupted, then users will face performance issues while using application and also mailbox data becomes inaccessible. You can use SysTools PST File Recovery Tool to remove corruption from PST file and export it in healthy format again.
Download Now Purchase Now
How to Fix Outlook Error 0x800CCC67: Learn Remedial Techniques
In this section, we will discuss different ways that can solve this error.
1. Registry File Repair
Error 0x800CCC67 can be resolved by editing registry files of Windows. Unless you are an expert we do not recommend you to perform this process manually. If anything goes wrong during manual registry editing process, it will cause harm to your Operating System and make your system malfunction. However, if you are an expert then you may continue with the process but always remember to take the backup before. You can follow these steps to backup registry entries of Windows system.
- Click on the Start button of your system.
- In the search box, type the command and hold CTRL+Shift keys together before hitting Enter.
- When prompted by a permission dialog box, click Yes.
- Command box will appear where you need to type regedit and then Enter.
- From the registry editor list select the key related to error 0x800CCC67<.
- Select Export option from the File menu.
- Select the preferred folder for saving the backup key of Outlook from the Save In list.
- Enter any name for your backup file in File Name box.
- In Export range box, do not forget to select Selected branch.
- Click on Save button. This backup file will contain the file extension of .reg. You may proceed to edit registry files now.
2. Scan for Malware or Virus
It is very much possible that some malware or virus is causing this Outlook error. That is why we strongly recommend you to run a complete scan of your system using a good anti-virus software. If your system does not have any anti-virus installed yet, install it immediately.
3. Undo Recently Done Changes to the System
Windows System Restore helps you go back to a time when everything was going fine by restoring system files to a past time. By this technique, you can go back to a time when your Outlook was free from any error. The following process can be used in Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP.
- Click on Start button.
- Type System Restore in the search box and press Enter.
- A wizard will appear where you need to click on System Restore button.
- If asked, enter Administrator password.
- Follow the instructions given by the wizard and choose a point for restoration.
4. Reinstallation of Outlook
Users can also try this one trick by uninstalling the present Outlook program and then reinstalling it again.
For Windows 7
- Click on Start button and then click Control Panel.
- From the items of Control Panel, select Programs and Features.
- Under the column Name find out Microsoft Outlook and click on it.
- Now click Uninstall from the top menu.
- Continue the uninstallation process by following the instructions appear on screen.
For Windows 10
- Click on the Windows icon from the start screen of your system.
- From the list of all applications, navigate to Microsoft Outlook.
- Right-click on it to get a list of options.
- Click Uninstall from the list and continue.
Once the uninstallation is done, users can reinstall MS Outlook on their system.
Some simple ways to fix Outlook error 0x800CCC67 in few easy steps have been described here. Users are welcome to try the methods mentioned here to resolve this issue. We are hopeful that they will be able to eliminate this Outlook error if they perform the methods as per the instruction.