Complete Guidelines to Troubleshoot Outlook Unknown Error 0x800ccc81
A Complete Guidelines to Fix Outlook 0x800ccc81 Error
Outlook users are increasing day by day across the world. Outlook is having many advanced features and benefits that is the reason why users feel attracted towards it. Every application has some pros and cons. Similarly, Outlook is also having some issues which create a problem for the Outlook users. One of the most common errors faced by many users is Outlook unknown error 0x800ccc81. Daily chores of companies, professionals, individuals users are delayed due to this error. So, the user must know how to resolve this error as soon as possible. This post will let users know about the causes of the occurrence of this error with a perfect solution to resolve this error in an efficient way.
What is Outlook Unknown Error 0x800ccc81?
The user might get the 0x800ccc81 Outlook error while using the Outlook for sending the email. This error indicates that outlook is unable to send email to the destination server.
Causes behind Outlook Error 0x800ccc81
Some of the causes behind the occurrence of this error are:
- Corrupt download or incomplete installation of Microsoft Outlook software
- Change in a recent Outlook- related software (install or uninstall) which leads to corruption in Windows registry
- Windows system files or Microsoft Outlook related program files got corrupted due to virus or malware infection
- Microsoft Outlook- related files deleted due to another program maliciously or mistakenly
This run-time error can be caused by numerous factors, so it is necessary to troubleshoot each cause to prevent this Outlook Unknown Error 0x800ccc81 from recurring.
If you are facing corruption issues with Outlook data file and it is affecting your workflow, then you are recommended to use a third-party application that can fix even the severe corruption levels of PST file. You can download this software on your system for free and try all the features.
Download Now Purchase Now
Method to Fix Microsoft Outlook Error 0x800ccc81
Note: Make sure that your email files work correctly
Create a new profile to test whether your email profile works correctly or not. If you are able to send and receive an email message by using the newly created email profile, then you should configure the new Outlook profile as the default profile.
This method consists of 3 major steps that are:
Step 1: Locate the default Outlook data file
Follow the steps below:
- Go to Control Panel and click on Mail
- Click on Show Profiles in the Mail Setup-Outlook dialog box
- Now, select the current Outlook profile and click on Properties and Click on Data Files in the Mail Setup-Outlook dialog box
- Now, in the Account Settings dialog box, select the Data Files tab and then note the name and location of the default data file for your profile and Click on the Close button
Step 2: Create a New Outlook Profile
To fix this Outlook Unknown Error 0x800ccc81, use auto account setup to create an IMAP or POP3 email account. Follow the steps below:
- Open Control Panel and then click on Mail
- Click on Show Profiles in the Mail Setup-Outlook
- In the Mail dialog box, click on the General Tab and then click Add
- Type a New Profile name in the New Profile dialog box and then click OK
- Now, type your email account information in the Add New Account dialog box and click Next
- Click Finish after the successful configuration of the account
Manually create an IMAP or POP3 email account
- Open the Control Panel and click on the Mail
- Click on the Show Profiles Option in the Mail Setup-Outlook dialog box
- In the Mail dialog box, click on the General tab and then click on Add
- Type a new profile name in the New Profile dialog box and then click OK
- Now, select Manually configure server settings in the Add New Account and then click Next
- Select Internet E-mail in the Choose Service dialog box and then click Next
- Type your account details in the Internet E-mail Settings dialog box
- To test your account, click Test Account Settings and select Existing Outlook Data File, and then click Browse
- Locate and then select the Outlook data file that you earlier located in the Open Outlook Data File dialog box and then click OK
- Click on the Close button in the Test Account Settings dialog box and click Finish
The next approach to resolve this Outlook Unknown Error 0x800ccc81 is to make an Outlook profile as your Default profile.
Step 3: Configure your new Outlook profile as the default profile
Set the new Outlook profile as the default profile, if the new Outlook email profile works correctly and then move your email messages to the new profile.
- On the General tab of the Mail dialog box, select Always use this profile
- Click the drop-down under Always use this profile, and then select the new profile
- Close the Mail dialog box by clicking OK
- To export all your email messages to an Outlook Data File (.pst) from your old Outlook email profile, use the Import and Export wizard and then import the Outlook Data File (.pst) to your new Outlook email profile
You can also try following methods:
- Check antivirus manufacturer’s website for additional suggestions
- Run Windows System File Checker
- Install all available Windows Updates
- Perform a Clean installation of Windows
Hopefully, one of the above methods will help you to eliminate Outlook unknown error 0x800ccc81. Elimination of the error is very important as it affects the user’s system in an unhealthy way like the speed of the system will become slow, or it may start hanging etc. So, to eliminate error user must know the cause of the error and then he/she can follow any of the above methods to resolve the error.