Troubleshooting Ways to Fix Outlook Error 0x80040600 Perfectly
April 6th, 2018 |
Receiving Outlook Error 0x80040600? Here are the Best Solutions
MS Outlook, the foremost email client often encounter the problem while sending and receiving email messages. Getting error messages while using Microsoft Outlook, is quite a frustrating situation. In this editorial, we are going to discuss a common error reported by many Outlook users i.e. “Receiving reported error (0x80040600): Unknown Error 0x80040600”.
Outlook Error 0x80040600 can occur in any version of Microsoft Outlook (2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003).
What is Outlook Error 0x80040600?
Personal Storage Table (PST) is a database file of Outlook that stores various elements such as emails, calendars, contacts, notes, tasks and all other data items. In addition, Outlook has a Send/Receive feature that enables users to transmit and receive emails.
However, sometimes when users try to read, receive or send emails they get Outlook error code 0x80040600. The meaning of this error message is Outlook PST file has been corrupted.
Outlook PST can be corrupted due to many reasons:
- Incorrect or incomplete file system recovery
- Virus or other malicious software
- Abnormal Outlook termination
- Exceeded Outlook PST file size
- Data storage device failure
- Faulty networking device
- Power failure/power cut
If the Outlook PST file is corrupt and you cannot access the Microsoft Outlook desktop application, you are recommended to use SysTools Outlook recovery tool. This is the best utility for recovering corrupted Outlook data files. This software is easy to use and can be used on Windows 10 and earlier versions.
Download Now Purchase Now
Techniques to Resolve 0x80040600 Error Code in Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016
There are many techniques to resolve Outlook Error 0x80040600. However, all users have to do is follow the guidelines sequentially and carefully.
#Approach 1: Use Inbox Repair Tool
Step 1: Enable Hidden files and folders view
To resolve 0x80040600 Outlook error, go with the below-mentioned steps:
- Launch Windows Control Panel
- After that select Folder options
- Then, hit a click on the View tab
- Enable Show hidden files, folders, and drives option
- Eventually, click on OK button
Step 2: Run Scanpst.exe Tool
- Quit MS Outlook application
- Launch Windows Explorer and search for scanpst.exe repair tool or you can directly open it from its default location
C: >> Program Files >> Microsoft Office >> %OfficeVersion% >> SCANPST.EXE
- Select and open the tool
- Hit the browse button and choose the corrupted Outlook PST to which you are required to scanning
- After browsing PST file hit the Start button
- Let the file recovery complete successfully
Note: Inbuilt repair tool may take a long time to repair corrupted PST file. Do not end the procedure until it completes successfully because abnormal termination may lead PST to permanent data loss.
#Approach 2: Repair Windows Registry
Outlook Error 0x80040600 also can occur due to corruption in the Windows registry files. One can fix the corruption of Windows registry via following guidelines:
- Search for Registry Editor on start menu of the computer
- Open Registry editor and open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_Software folder
- After that, select Software >> Microsoft >> Windows >> Current version >> Run
- Choose the error file press Delete button
- After successful file deletion, reboot your PC
#Approach 3: Disable Windows Firewall
Sometimes Windows Firewall blocks the Outlook’s incoming and outgoing service for some security reasons. Thus, this Outlook Error 0x80040600 can be resolved via checking Windows Firewall settings. Here is how to check Firewall settings:
- Go to the Start menu of your computer
- Open Control Panel >> Network Connection
- Select Properties option
- Navigate to the Security tab and hit Switch off the Firewall button
#Approach 4: Run Outlook in Safe Mode
If the issue is still not resolving then, run your Outlook application in safe mode. It may disable some features of Outlook but, can resolve Outlook Error 0x80040600. Follow the below steps for this:
- Open Outlook program with basic settings
- Now, select Disable add-ins
- In order to run Outlook in safe mode, navigate to Start menu of the computer
- Here, search for outlook.exe/safe in the search box
- After that hit the OK button
Outlook Error 0x80040600 can be occurred due to many reasons. Considering the need of users that how to resolve MS Outlook Error code 0x80040600, we have discussed some easy and manual workarounds. However, if the PST file is highly corrupted in that case, manual methods will not work. Then, users can take help from a trusted third-party software.